Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The GPS

One of the coolest things to get is a global positioning system receiver. It is the satellite navigation system that can tell you by latitude and longitude coordinates where you are at any point on the planet. I have a Magellan Explorist that I have been using since Christmas. The reason I bring this up is just in case someone will not know what I am referring to when I use coordinates to show where some of the places I like to go. The coordinates I will give will get you pretty close to the things I will be talking about. So, if something sounds interesting to you, then you just plug in the coordinates and follow the arrow. Some of the locations I have found were through a gps based game called geocaching. People go out and hide stuff in different containers, you find them, and log your finds. I really enjoyed the game because it sent me to a lot of cool locations, but I kind of burned out of it for a few reasons. Anyways, if you don't have a GPSr then go out and find a one. You will not regret it.