Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"Come on, now. It's gonna be a nice day" (The Alabama Hills Series)

(GPS: N36 36.608 W118 07.695)

I have actually talked about this area before. I call it the "The Tall T" area since most of the movie was filmed at this point. Refer to my other previous entries about this:

I like the ending of this movie because after the bad guys are defeated Randolph Scott "comforts" Maureen O'Sullivan with the following words:
And, yes, he is very dry and wooden in saying it. So, It comes across a little too sarcastically. In the picture below the exact location would be in the lower middle of the road. I parked to the left of there. You can see Lone Pine peak in the background in both pictures. Mt. Whitney is further to the right in my picture.
Of course, whenever I am in the Alabama Hills area it is always a nice day no matter what the weather is like!

The Tall T (Youtube Video)

The Tall T (Vimeo Video)

The music in the video is taken from Song of the Volga Boatmen at Incompetech.com

No comments: