Wednesday, July 25, 2007

VASQUEZ ROCKS 3 (Wrap Up)

Tiburcio Vasquez, who this area is named after, was the bandit who used this area as one of his many hide outs. Apart from the main area there are some nice trails around to explore the many other features of this area. One can see why this would be a nice area to use as a hide out. From the last picture of my last entry, if one would just turn around they would see this:
One can see the 14 freeway in the background. It is interesting to note that the Pacific Crest Trail runs through the park. I went a bit further out of the well worn area for the next few.
I went down this one canyon not knowing what I would find. I saw this "face" in the distance:
I thought it might start talking to me, but it never did.
On the way back.
This wraps up my little series on Vasquez. It is a nice area to go to when the weather conditions are good. I am going to be out of town for a few weeks, but when I get back I will start my Mount Whitney hike series.