Friday, November 21, 2008

The Iron Man Exhibit at the Lone Pine Film Museum

One of the new exhibits at the Lone Pine Film Museum is one that shows some of the props and costumes used in the recent Iron Man movie. They are on loan from the movie company, and I do not know how long they will be there for. Naturally, the items are in their Sci-Fi area since most of the rest of the exhibits are Western related.

The big "rock" you see is what I think Robert Downey was leaning on at the beginning of the movie. I suspected that rock was not real, but never knew with certainty. The suit in the background is the one he wore in the movie. The clothes are the right side are what I think one of the lead bad guys wore in the movie.
One of the "bombs" they used.
These are all parts from the original Iron Man Mark I suit.
Here is a close up of one of the plates.
The question now is will they come back to this area for the sequel? If you have not seen my previous entries on this movie then do a search for "Iron Man" in the box in the upper right hand corner of this blog.