Sunday, November 22, 2009

Excelsior Mountain (Over the Hump...)

We started up the talus slog. I tried to stay on the use dirt trail as much as possible, but at times just went on the talus rocks. It depended on how secure I felt on either. I would say this ascent is about 500 ft. I would go up a couple of steps and then take a breather. On my left, I could see my old friend Mt. Dana in the distance where I did there much of what I was doing here.
On my right, I could see into Green Creek Canyon.
Looking back down to where I came from with Burro Lake on the right.
Once we were over the saddle the situation was not too bad. Getting over it was pain on the legs, but it only took about 20 minutes to overcome.
Now I knew it was just a matter of time before I would be at the final destination. It is probably about an hour more of hiking from here.
I would have to drop down some and then climb up again. It was just like what I had already done.
The following video was re-edited during the summer of 2013. I cut out a lot of things compared to the original videos:

To Excelsior Mountain (Youtube Version)

To Excelsior Mountain (Vimeo Version)

The following music was used from Incompetech.com: Mellowtron, Constancy Part One, Gustav Sting, and Fluidscape.