Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Sentinels of Black Star Canyon (Halloween 2013)

 (GPS: N33 47.865 W117 39.350)
 
The Sinister Secrets of Black Star Canyon #5

Happy Halloween!

I started this series of blogs with a tweet I made on the night of Halloween last year. I think it is time to do that again...
I held my breath and have not told anyone anything other than that since then. In the previous four blogs of this series, I chronicled a series of hikes and meetings with the person I have given the name “the Old Man” (for the sake of privacy) regarding the history and places in the region of the notorious Black Star Canyon. The Old Man was very knowledgeable about the history of Black Star. Yet, he started to see I was a little too obsessed, and maybe started to think I was not in the best mental health after our conversations and my hikes. I started to think that myself. I promised him I would not return to Black Star Canyon. I intended to keep that promise. A promise I believe I have kept.

After the last meeting with the Old Man I went on with life as usual. Friends, work, movies, sports, games, and another hike or two went on. I felt great. The fall came which is my favorite time of the year, and then the month of October. I was all set to show my video about Point Dume in Malibu on October 31, 2012. That evening while waiting for the knocks at the door from kids begging for candy I started checking my cameras and camcorder to prepare for something I was going to do on the following weekend.

I was shocked to see pictures and videos taken in Black Star Canyon. The style was definitely mine. Yet, I know I did not go there. At least not intentionally.

But, maybe I did. Not consciously. Somehow I was there. Let me show what I have and try to put the pieces together the best I can. The video I edited together from the clips on the camcorder, but other than the music, everything is as I found the clips:


The video pretty much covered the standard route from the gate which I have shown on here a few times. It is here where our concern is:


The cliffs in view.


This is where the big drop off appears.


One wrong step here and one’s body might never be found. This troubles me. Yes, I've been to the top of High Sierra mountains, but dropping here would have been just as bad, especially when does not have memories of it. The curious pictures are the following rock structures:

Obviously, the Sentinels…

From what I can tell, there are a minimum off three Sentinels here, but probably more. As the Old Man said, you can see their faces in the rocks.



Finally, a composite picture I put together taken from the Indian village looking toward the cross.

Although I cannot explain it. I believe my will was overcome by forces in that canyon. As if my soul was ripped out and sent there. I don’t know how I escaped and ended up at the Indian village. The cross was seen from there as the Old Man said needed to be done to escape. Needless to say, I am glad to be alive and, more importantly from what I can tell, have my free-will back.

Unfortunately, November 1, 2012 was a Thursday, meaning the schedule the Old Man kept meant I could not talk to him until the following week in November. When I arrived I did not see him. It had been over a month since I had seen him, but he did not indicate any change of plans. I asked the owner of the shop if he had seen him. He told me that up until over a week ago he had always kept a strict schedule and been there the days he always had been. He did not know where he was. None of the other patrons knew either.

Where could my old friend have gone? I started to calculate the possibilities. Maybe his health went bad? It’s possible because he was getting up there in age, but he did maintain a healthy lifestyle and always made doctor visits a priority. Maybe he was the one who saved me in Black Star Canyon much the same way his uncle saved him? Possible, but I have no evidence for that. The third possibility, and the one I choose to believe, is that he went back east to live with his daughter. It makes the most sense to me, and I would not be surprised to see him again someday.

As for Black Star Canyon, enough is enough. I have no intention of going back there. Looking back at all I did last year seems so long ago and dreamlike. Geological temples, the Old Ones, and ancient alien sentinels that influence the area seemed so far fetched. Yet, when it comes down to it, why is it that it seems like every person that goes in and out of that region comes back with a crazy story?

The End

The following music pieces from Incompetech.com were used in the video: The Dread, Distant Tension, and Ghost Story. I also sampled a demo of the main riff from an old Sabbath tune called, Zero the Hero which always reminds me of Black Star Canyon; that riff is a reoccurring theme with me and that canyon. I've used it before with videos there.