Saturday, March 06, 2021

Secret Lake

(GPS:  N38 18.435 W119 32.315)

This is another hike my sister-in-law wanted us to do since my brother and I had never done it. It is a rather easy one that probably took us around two hours. I refer to it as a "Hike the High Country" in the video, but the elevation does not really get that high. Typically, I use that phrase for general hikes in the Eastern Sierra when I go to lakes and not mountain hikes.

This one starts off a trailhead off the 108 heading to Sonora Pass. After hiking through some of Levitt Meadows and a bit of uphill you can see Tower Peak in the distance.

Eventually, we encountered this. Now we know why they call this Secret Lake. Can you see it?

This is the part that it drops down, but the Secret Lake is there below.

A very nice small lake. There was one person fishing here.

You can see how the lake is surrounded by trees making it very hidden. So, it makes sense someone would refer to this as Secret Lake.

Around this time things started to get darker as the clouds took over. I show some of it in the video, but it was about to rain as we got back to the car.

I did take some drone pictures of this lake and the area. At some point I will upload those as part of the Silmaril series.

As something different I uploaded the video to two separate sites:

Secret Lake (Rumble Video)

Secret Lake (BitChute Video)