Saturday, January 23, 2021

North Lake (The Silmaril Series)

 This is a new type of series I will be presenting as time goes on. I have wanted to show some of my drone footage and photos. I have two drones. One is a Parrot Bebop 2 and a Parrot Anafi. The Anafi has great video footage, but I primarily got it for taking aerial pictures of some of my favorite spots. For now in this series I am going to just show pictures. 

Since the lockdown(s) I have been on a J.R.R. Tolkien kick. I have been reading a lot of his fiction. I decided to call this series name after my favorite book of his legendarium. With that said, here we go.

The following was taken in October at North Lake outside of Bishop, CA. I have been here before and talked about it in 2016. I wanted to go back and get a drone shot of the area. My first silmaril:

Not bad. It was close to 9am that morning. The sun has just come over the ridgeline enough so the shadow was not in the lake anymore. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to stick around a few hours to wait for more light in the area.

I also took pictures with my normal camera at the lake.

A lot of people were taking pictures in the area. A bunch of fisherman too. I waited a little longer for better light, but a guy on a small boat went out into the middle of the lake to fish. I had better light at the time and took some pictures, but I do not want to feature the guy on my blog. Lol!

That was kind of the theme for me this last fall season. There were a lot of good fall colors, but lots of fisherman would get in the way. Oh well, we all have to share in nature's goodness.

2 comments:

mjhicks said...

A friend directed me to your blog & youtube channel as a source of enjoyable content. Subscribed to both! Love the beautiful photos & your fantastic attitude towards life and use of social media. Its late here in SoCal so I'll be exploring and watching more in the coming days

The Great Silence said...

Glad you are getting something out of this! Have patience on Youtube content since there are some things I want to do before I get back to that.