Saturday, January 16, 2021

Welcoming in 2021

 A strange thing happened a few weeks ago. 2020 ended and within seconds 2021 started promising a new future for all! Yet, it feels a lot like last year. 

I wanted to start this year with a few blog entries about where am at mentally and where this blog is headed. I will upload a few fall color shots I took in October as I go along. It is kind of a "state of the blog" that I like to do as we start the new year.

For me 2019 was the worst year of my life, not 2020. So much was expected of me taking care of my mother the final six months of her life and the aftermath of it all that anything I faced in 2020 was really nothing. The only thing I will say about that regarding 2020 was I meant for it to be my "recovery" year where I felt I was getting my soul back. That really did not happen due to the lockdown(s). I still feel the weight of what happened in 2019 because of 2020. So until we get back to normal I am not sure what that means for me.

Here is something interesting to note about this blog: ten years ago (!) I stated the blog was coming to "an end" right here. I am still going on here of course, but what I said was true then as it is now. It was "an end", but not "the end". It just meant my activity level is not the same as it was during the first years of the blog. That is the way things have to be for me to keep going as long as blogger continues. 

In the future there will probably be periods where I do not say anything at all, but then return with something. That has been the way of the last ten years for me. 

I am going to stop with that. I have a lot I want to say regarding other things, but wanted to keep this entry short. So, wherever you are in life just keep pushing forward.