Monday, July 04, 2022

Virginia Lakes (The Silmaril Series)

Happy 4th of July! It has been a while so I thought I would upload some drone pictures I took last year and a one from a few years ago.

This picture was taken a few years ago in August at Virginia Lakes. It is the biggest lake: Big Virginia. I felt kind of bad that day because I suggested to my friend we come here so he could fish, and I would use my drone. He ended up not getting any fish. He was fishing on the other side of this picture at the lake in this picture. I remember we both took off for home after that, and I have not seen him since. Lol!

I came back last October to take a few more pictures of the area. So the following is Big Virginia with some fall colors:

Basically, I rotated the drone to get the following pictures:

This is Little Virginia. You have to look closely or blow up the picture, but there are a bunch of people either in small boats or "rubber tubes" (?) fishing that smaller lake.


Looking toward the east is Trumbull Lake. I believe that Trumbull Lake Campground was closed so no one was fishing there. Btw, this is the lake many think Samuel Clemens fished and camped at according to Roughing It. He says they camped and fished under Castle Peak which is now called Dunderberg Peak. I am going to go out on a limb and say he was probably familiar with all of the lakes around that I am showing. They are so close to each other I would think there is a good chance his company could have fished all of them. They are all a short walking distance from each other.


Finally, to the west is Blue Lake. Some people hike to that lake to fish it, but I usually pass it heading along the hiking trail. I showed it back in November 2009 while hiking to Mt. Excelsior.

That covers the "new" content I wanted to share. I think I would be massively repeating myself and stating the obvious that we are living in a strange time. While I have some things I have done over the past few months I will share at some point I am not as motivated to do so right now. I had to force myself to make the time to do this blog entry. 

With inflation and gas prices right now I am not as excited to take off to do things. Everything feels like a lot more work to do at this point. There are a lot of goals I had for myself to get done this year, but I am not sure that is going to happen. If the typical fires start this summer, then that will probably cancel what I have in mind. 

In any case, I cannot predict the future, and will only find out what happens when it happens. Until that point I wish my readers well.