Saturday, September 16, 2023

Flying Over Dana Point (Part 2)

 Continuing from yesterday, this is my drone flight over Dana Point, but near the harbor.

This is the opening where all boats from the harbor must go to get to the open ocean. I usually whale watch with Dana Wharf which would be in the upper center part of the picture.
This is heading back to where I was hanging out near the breakwater.

The Ocean Institute is mid-center on the right. Lots of kids go there to learn. I know some public schools have their kids raise money to go there. I know parents that send them there for the summer programs that were going on while I was there.
Finally, upper center is the kids beach location that families can take their little kids to for a beach experience. Although I have not spent much time there, I do think it is a great place for the little ones since it is pretty safe from what I can tell. 

In closing, I love going to Dana Point a few times a year. It is a nice area that is relatively easy to get in and out for tourists compared to the other beaches in the Orange County/Los Angeles area.