Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Tall T #2 (The Alabama Hills Series)

(GPS: N36 36.608 W118 07.695)
 
As of July 1, 2013 I am completely revising this blog and the previous one with new pictures and a video.

I am still at The Tall T rock formation. The hideout location from the last blog is just to the right of me. After Richard Boone finds out his outlaw partners have been killed he comes out of the hideout. Randolph Scott tells him to "hold it!" He would have been right behind the rock in front of me in this picture.
Now moving backwards some I can see where Richard Boone would have been standing. BTW, the rocks you see in the background are connected with the Gunga Din Bridge which I have covered before and will link below.
Richard Boone walks away since he knows Randolph Scott will not shoot him in the back as one of those "rules" in old movie westerns. Of course, Richard Boone uses it as a ruse because he does not want to leave the money behind he was just forced to surrender. So he comes back for the final confrontation. This picture gives us the perspecive of Randolph Scott getting ready to shoot Richard Boone's character as he comes down on his horse with this gun blazing.
Since I originally wrote these two blog entries about this rock formation I have done a bunch of others that were connected or indirectly connected to it. Some of the videos I have done I have shown this rock formation in the distance since I use it as a landmark to get my bearings, but you will have to watch the Alabama Hills video series on Youtube for that. You can search the side labels on the right side for "The Tall T" for some of the others, but here is another one that I followed this series up with:

Come On, now. It's going to be a nice day!

Regarding the Gunga Din Bridge:

The Gunga Din Bridge Location

The Tall T (Youtube Version)

The Tall T (Vimeo Version)

The music in the video is taken from Song of the Volga Boatmen at Incompetech.com.

No comments: