Monday, October 30, 2023

Ghosts of the Past: The Simpson Mine (Part 2)

 Continuing my "Ghosts" series with part two of the Simpson Mine. In the past most of my pictures were showing the exteriors of the mine. This time I wanted to show more of the insides of the structures. 

The following building is the lower building of two others. This structure is connected by stairs.

As you can see here the stairs lead into darker rooms. The first room is a bathroom and shower area. 
Then after some more stairs there are a bunch of open rooms. 
I assume that this would be living quarters or recreation rooms for some of the workers. 
The following is in a totally different building below than this building I am showing, but it has an odd story. I ran across this newspaper from circa 1990ish someone appeared to be reading. 
It was a twilight zone moment for me because it was talking about a high school game three hundred miles away near my home. At where I am typing this out right now I am within walking distance of both the schools and the stadium it was played out. It is always weird to me when two things that appear to have no connection to each other create a coincidence like that. 
This is the room I found the paper in. The newspaper was being used, by that article above was put aside as if someone was reading it. The Twilight Zone theme was playing in my head.

Again, if you have want to watch the drive to the mine go here:


I will continue this in Part 3 tomorrow.