Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Ghosts of the Past: The Simpson Mine (Part 3)

 Happy Halloween! 

Continuing from the last blog entry, this is the same room I showed the newspaper article. I am standing with my back to where the newspaper was.

A room nearby that had some beds in it. One thing to think about is how did these people live during the winter?! There were heaters used, but being up at almost ten thousand feet on a mountain side can be very cold. I walked around these rooms and some were pitch black and spooky. You can see what I am talking about if you watch the video.
These buildings had more machinery in them for use with the mine.
For example, this is what is in the building above:
I do not recall the gate being up last time I was there. I believe this has been added to keep people away from the mining hole that appeared to be collapsing some and sinking...the best I can describe it...from last time I was there.

Okay! I want to emphasize that this series of blogs about this mine was to build to this GoPro video. It is long at about 23 minutes. So you might want to save it until you have the right time to watch it all at once. If you have a fast connection, can watch it at 4K on a bigger TV screen, then I would suggest turning off the lights and enjoy. Originally, I had music playing through most of the video, but decided it did not work. So, I hope you enjoy this video as much as I did making it:

The Ghost Mine Above Lee Vining 2.0 (Youtube)

I will keep the prior video up which might be a good thing seeing how this one had a different weather condition to it. Tomorrow I will link to an unlisted video for the drive down. My unlisted videos are sort of "throw away" videos that I put up as extras, but do not put as much time into nor care as much about. Kind of like Blu-Rays or Dvds that have extras on them.