Sunday, December 23, 2007

Belle Starr's Daughter Locations #1

Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!

Okay, the next few entries have nothing to do with Christmas. They are something I decided to hold on to and release about this time of the year. Usually, I do not claim my finds as being unique to me. Many of them have been found way before me.

This time I think I have found one that no one, at least online or anything I have read in location books, has found. Part of the reason for this is that this movie, Belle Starr's Daughter, is very difficult to find on video. I was fortunate to get a copy last year. I know the outdoor locations rather well. I know the quality isn't that great, but check it out: This area is known as Sinnamon Meadows. It is just outside the town of Bridgeport, CA. It is near the old mining area known as Dunderberg. This picture is looking east. Highway 395 is just beyond the rocky hills you see. Although I did not see any, you can tell that cattle will graze here during the year.
It actually took me about 30 minutes to walk close to the following picture. It is not as easy hike in this meadow because you feet tend to sink a bit on many steps.

Tomorrow, I will follow up this up with Part 2.