Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008: Where Am I Going This Year?

When I started doing this blog my original intention was to use it to show my friends and relatives what I had been doing. The reason being is I got tired of writing different e-mails to different people or resending pictures to others at different times. I thought it was best just to have this blog and then send links to any entry I have done. I mainly wanted to keep things simple. That I have done, and this blog has been helpful in that regard.

I have received a bunch of e-mail from people in 2007 over this blog. That I never really expected, and I thank everyone because that has been encouraging. You want more of what I have done in the past, and you will get more.

The thing is I really have only done about 65% of what I intended to do with this blog. There is lots of other stuff I want to talk about. Some of the stuff I mention in the description of the blog above I really have not spent much time going over. That I intend to do more of this year. There are a few other areas that I am very well equiped to talk about regarding the more serious issues of life...BUT...you won't see me writing about those areas here. I may hint at those issues from time to time, but this blog is a combination of things that I consider fun hobbies.

Of course, the heart and soul of this blog is location hunting. That I will continue to do because there is always something out there. In fact, I have tons of stuff I can put up at any minute, it is just a matter of doing it. With that said, there are some things I would like to put up, but won't. For example, I know where the house they used in the 70's tv show Happy Days is. I won't put that that up, as cool as it is, because it is privately owned. I am sure the people who live there are used to people driving by, but I would rather not post pictures and reveal locations like that. Something like that is probably a google search away, but I am going to stick to my rules on that one except for special circumstances. There are actually a lot of private homes that are easy to get to that are seen in movies; especially in the L.A. area.

This year I want to add more historical types of things than before. I have been to a bunch of museums recently. Those will come out in the next few months. I'll throw in some stuff with animals occasionally for a change of pace at times because I have goofy stuff on videos with that. Finally, more western movie locations will come out this year as usual. Those are easy to do. I already have a bunch ready to go and others that are just a matter of going to the location and actually getting.

So, stay tuned this year. You may not enjoy every single entry I come up with in this blog, there maybe some things you that will be new that you will have no interest in, but you may find some blog entry that interests you this year.