Monday, November 23, 2009

Excelsior Mountain (...and Then Some)

From here I went around the snow. There was no need to cross over it.
This was really the part when I was certain there would be no more obstacles to get to the summit. I turned around and looked back. This is about the point where the video above ends. The final video will continue from this point to the summit.
I looked to my right and the smoky haze was even worse. Keep in mind this was July 3rd and not the fire in Yosemite in August. I was certainly happy to be where I was, but was slightly disappointed that it was not a clear day.

At this point I was making thankful prayers since all doubts I had about not having the energy or possible snow blocking my way were gone. It was just a matter of time now.
As I walked along the ridgeline I could see both Burro Lake and Mono Lake in the distance.

Next up, the final ascent.

The following video was re-edited during the summer of 2013. I cut out a lot of things compared to the original videos:

To Excelsior Mountain (Youtube Version)

To Excelsior Mountain (Vimeo Version)

The following music was used from Incompetech.com: Mellowtron, Constancy Part One, Gustav Sting, and Fluidscape.