Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Excelsior Mountain (The Final Ascent)

It was quite exciting to look over the edge of the ridgeline. Not that there would be any issues of slipping here, but the thought of it was rather scary. I had read that some years back a woman died coming up from the eastern side. If you fall, you fall.
I could see my old friend Mt. Conness. Someday I will have to go back up that mountain.
Another look at Mono Lake.
This was the final ascent. I was really walking at a leisurely pace once I hit the final ridgeline. I wanted to take in the moment. It was somewhat windy, but very relaxing. It was now time to put a little leg into it and finish this hike to the summit off. I will conclude this hike in the next blog.

The following video was re-edited during the summer of 2013. I cut out a lot of things compared to the original videos:

To Excelsior Mountain (Youtube Version)

To Excelsior Mountain (Vimeo Version)

The following music was used from Incompetech.com: Mellowtron, Constancy Part One, Gustav Sting, and Fluidscape.