Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Silence of Mt. Dana (Part 4)

Everything you see on this side is Yosemite. Mt. Dana, like Conness and Matterhorn Peak, strattle the border of northeastern Yosemite. In the middle right background would be Yosemite Valley, but you can not see it very well from up here compared to the views from Mt. Conness.

This is starting to look toward the southern side.
I zoomed into Mt. Lyell here which is the highest point in Yosemite which is only about 60 feet higher than were I was standing on Mt. Dana.
This is an unknown lake to me. There were a bunch of lakes like this on this side that I do not think I have seen before on the ground.
This is the south side. Can you see a lake in the upper left part in the background?
That looks like Lake Crowley. It is about 35 miles away.
I will try to wrap this up with the next blog.