Saturday, September 09, 2006

Seven Men From Now Gunfight (The Alabama Hills Series)

(GPS: N36 36.165 W118 07.735)

Here is one that is in a completely different area compared to the previous entries. The area is known as Cattle Pocket. This area was used to put cattle in it. Since it really only has one entrance the area could be blocked off so the cattle would not escape. I parked my truck at the entrance and just went into the area.

The above movie is taken from Seven Men From Now which is one of my favorite Randolph Scott westerns. Here is where the final gunfight duel takes place between Randolph Scott and Lee Marvin.
Scott comes out behind the rock on the right side.
The Randolph Scott POV:
Something like this. When I redo this picture someday I will try to get it a little higher.

Video:

Scott vs. Marvin POV Location (Youtube Version)

Scott Vs. Marvin POV Location (Vimeo Version)