Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ramona Epic #37: Rancho Christmas (Festivities Cont.)

After thinking about it over the past few days, I decided to add a few more pictures of the rooms of the adobe in this blog as I wrap up my time at the Rancho Christmas. I am starting out with rooms near the main courtyard in the middle of the adobe structure, but then I get to the carriage courtyard.

The following picture is the horno. It is the oven that is connected to the bakery.
Now moving around to the other side you can see the bakery room and see how the horno connects to it.
The pantry is another room right next to the bakery. There are a series of other rooms that connect the kitchen to another pantry nearby. Some of those are shown in the previous R.E. #36 video.
Heading into the carriage courtyard one can find many people over here during this event. There were a few exhibits of different things on this side. Later during this day it started to get colder. There was a woman making tortillas. So, I waited in line to get mine. When she gave it to me it was hot, and at first I thought it would be a good thing to keep me warm. However, it was much hotter than my cold hands. So, I ended up playing "hot tortilla" with it until I ate it. It was very good!
In the carriage courtyard there is the blacksmith shop so I went into there. They have a museum of items in here.
On this day they had a few people actually show how a blacksmith would work here.
Overall, it was a fun and relaxing day going here. Very family oriented with lots of different activities going on. If you are ever around the San Diego area near the end of November then I would suggest going to Rancho Christmas at Rancho Guajome.

Ramona Epic #37: Rancho Christmas Festivities (Youtube Version)

Ramona Epic #37: Rancho Christmas Festivities (Vimeo Version)

If you would like to see the previous blog entries on Rancho Guajome from way back in R.E. #11 then go HERE. It goes along with what I did here because I show you more of the courtyards themselves rather than just the rooms like I did in the past few blog entries.

The previous part, R.E. #35, of the Rancho Christmas blogs covered some of the rooms if you did not see those then go HERE.

Feliz Navidad!

A little on the music for this video. The very end background song is called Laid Back Guitars by Incompetech and can be found HERE. The other thing I should mention is that all the other music you hear is nothing I added, but what was being played at the event. In fact, a lot of that I have no clue who or what the titles are for those.